Monday, January 7, 2013

Getting Started

So, last Thursday I went to the group consultation at my doctors office.  There were 15 other women there, 3 of which had previously done the drops and were very successful with it.  It was VERY informative and really made me realize how much junk I've been putting into my body for so long. 

I gave myself my first injection on Saturday morning.  That was an experience in itself!  It took me almost 20 minutes before I got up enough courage to actually give myself the shot! Sunday was much better.....I was able to do it right away.  Saturday and Sunday were my load days as well.  Lauren, my wellness coach, said we should gain 3-5 pounds over those 2 days.  I actually lost 1 lb by Sunday and gained 1 pound by Monday. 

Today is day 3 of injections, and day 1 for the VLCD (very low calorie diet).  So far, it's going really well!  I am a little bit hungry, but no where near the "OMG, I'm about to eat my arm off" phase.  I haven't really had much water yet today, so I think that is part of the problem as well. 

Menu for today:
Breakfast: Hot tea
Lunch: 1/2 C low fat cottage cheese and 1 tomato
Snack: Apple
Dinner: 3.5oz grilled chicken with 6.5oz broccoli
Snack: Naval orange

I have had a bit of backlash from some people about doing this diet.  My next post will be some background information and explanation of how the diet works.


XOXO

Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment